Message from Rev. Melanie for June 2022

 

Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. --Romans 12:12

 This verse is in the middle of a list of ways that one who follows Jesus begins to live.  Some of those ways are are how we are to behave toward others, but this passage calls on us to look inward.  Roman Christ-followers were experiencing some harrowing times in the first century.  While Rome generally tolerated other regions even at its heart in the city of Rome, if there was any trouble there would be punishment, suppression, and/or exile.  

 Paul wrote to the Church in Rome to remind the people of who they were and the importance of living the lives they were called to live as they followed Jesus.  This included, especially in difficult times, remembering to look within for hope, patience, and perseverance.

 We have been through a lot these last few years.  We have come through much, and signs of life are returning.  We recently hosted a yoga class that was a fundraiser for LPEF, and we will soon participate in the Mountain Jam, which raises money for music programs at Loma and CT English. 

 Before the pandemic, you all worked hard to develop new programs to engage the congregation and the community.  As we head into the summer, let's reconsider those programs, which of them we can restart, which need some adjustment.  Let's return to building community, fostering resilience, and showing the mountain community who we are.

 Let's keep rejoicing in hope.

Rev. Melanie

 *********************************************

 In May I took a course in Level 1 Coaching.  According to the International Coaching Federation, "coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The process of coaching often unlocks previously untapped sources of imagination, productivity and leadership."

 I have personally and professionally benefitted from coaching.  It allowed me to make changes in my life that have improved my work, my family life, and my health.

 The class was life-changing and ministry-changing in wonderful ways.  I would love to share these ways with you. I would like to coach active members and friends of the congregation as a part of my ministry with Skyland.  As I do this I will be recording contact hours that will allow me to apply for coaching certification.  If you are interested in receiving coaching or talking about what it is, please contact me at revmelanieweiner@skylandchurch.com or (408)353-1310.  

 I am also willing to coach people who are not active in the congregation for a fee. (Not during my Skyland work hours, of course!)

 Rev. Melanie

 Senior Minister

Skyland Community Church

(408)353-1310

___________________________________________________________

Skyland Community Church, United Church of Christ
25100 Skyland Road
Los Gatos, CA 95033
phone: 408-353-1310
USPS mail: Skyland Church
P.O. Box 245
Los Gatos, CA 95031-0245
Website 


Popular posts from this blog

Finance Team Update August 2021

Missions Board Update September 2022

Message from Rev Melanie May 2021