Message from Rev Melanie for November 2021

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

--Psalm 118:24

As the seasons shift once again and we turn toward cooler temperatures and even some rain, we turn too toward important days of celebration.  As we head toward Thanksgiving and Advent, let's spend some time thinking about all that we have to be grateful for.  Whenever I am feeling down or frustrated or just plain out of energy, I take a moment to list a few things I am genuinely grateful for.  I actually try to remember to do this every day, but I don't always remember.  I do remember when I am down, and turning to gratitude helps me to work through whatever is bothering me.

So three things I am grateful for today (though I am not down...):
1. the miracle of gentle rain falling from the sky
2. joyful visits with members of the church this morning
3. sharing in ministry with all of you at SCC.

What are you grateful for today?

The above photograph was downloaded from pexels.com
___________________________________________________________

Skyland Community Church, United Church of Christ
25100 Skyland Road
Los Gatos, CA 95033
phone: 408-353-1310
USPS mail: Skyland Church
P.O. Box 245
Los Gatos, CA 95031-0245
Website 


Popular posts from this blog

Finance Team Update August 2021

Rev. Melanie Work Hours and Contact Information

Message from Rev Melanie May 2021