Message from Rev Melanie for August 2021

Message from Rev. Melanie

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them."
                                    --Jesus (according to Matthew 18:20)

In this last month we have begun on-site worship at the church!  It has been particularly moving to have our choir sing, and it has been a blessing to me to preach to a "live audience" from which I receive real feedback in the moment.  This took a lot of planning and a lot of work, but it was lovely to come together and we are able to accommodate people in person and on Zoom.  There was a learning curve, but people have been understanding and we are all learning together.  On July 25, we moved into the sanctuary while also maintaining a Zoom presence.  This eased the load for a lot of people who did amazing, yet exhausting, work setting up and putting away all that we needed.  It also removed the hazard for people with mobility challenges traversing uneven ground and lessened the discomfort of the hot weather.  We need to be patient prepared to feel our way through this just as we have with every big change in worship format, and I am confident we will find our way even if there are a few stumbles.  

I am working on developing a new routine for full-time work, so for the last few weeks and probably for the net several more the times and days I am present at church and working at home have been inconsistent.  This will likely smoothe out, though I always encourage people to make appointments if they want to see me.  I am currently taking Fridays and Saturdays as days off.  

Looking forward, I think we need to think about what some of our former activities might look like going forward and how (or if) people can safely come together at the church.  I am very excited about possibilities for activities that are just beginning to arise, and I welcome your ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Finance Team Update August 2021

Rev. Melanie Work Hours and Contact Information

eGiving Information